Graduation is over. Bags are packed. Correction, trash bags are packed. Car is loaded and now I’m heading home. After four quick years my time as a wanna be adult is over. One chapter closed and another one opened but not in the way one would expect.
Remember that awkward stage when you were a teen and you slowly grew to learn where you belong in the food chain of high school. Well this is a re-occurring feeling of being lost. Not saying it is a bad thing, rather an exciting | butterflies in your stomach | you think you may scream feeling.
Now as we move onto bigger and greater experiences, just reflect back to how much you have grown from your struggles and perfected your strengths. Follow your passions, work hard, play hard and live a beautiful life.
Want to give your closet a makeover for the fall?
Here is a list of things to die for!
The most well-known college exposition is sweeping the nation as spring approaches. Girls trying to shed off pounds before fitting into an itsy bitsy bikini, guys hitting the gym to enhance their six packs and plans that entail all-night ragers. Now that you have your flight and hotel bookings checked off your list here are some things to consider.
Get Ready for a Beach Bod
· Start a simple diet: Make sure you begin a balanced meal plan that keeps your metabolism up to speed and your digestive system on track.
· Avoid all fatty foods: It’s time to detox from all that crummy food you were scarfing down while studying. Eat some whole grains, fruits, veggies and plenty of green tea.
· Exercise: I cannot say this enough but in order to tone up your body you have to emphasize cardio and toning exercises. Make sure you replenish your system with plenty of water.
· Passport: Don’t forget an important factor when traveling abroad, your passport! Also, bring another form of identification while you’re traveling the city so you don’t have to carry your passport around.
· Money: Now we all know these trips cost a lot, but it’s always a good idea to bring extra cash for food or any emergency situations.
· Print-outs: Have copies ready of your hotel, flight and activity bookings ahead of time. If you are going to a foreign place, you most likely will have no form of direct communication to internet access to show proof.
Pack the Essentials
· Suitcase: Now that airlines charge you for overweight bags and extra luggage you want to make sure to only pack the essentials. Plan your outfits which will not only save you room while packing but as well as time before going out on your trip.
· Accessories: This can make or break your ensemble so don’t leave them behind.
ü Purses (grab that camera of yours and make sure to stick it in there)
Check out Refinery29’s amazing article on spots to hit up in L.A.
The Arts District
With the recent opening of Handsome Coffee Roasters, and spots popping up seemingly overnight, this booming downtown neighborhood is not to be missed! Nosh on a rattle snake hot dog at Wurstkuche(we promise, their exotic dogs are actually really good), then hit one of décor doyenne Dana Hollister’s spots, One Eyed Gypsy or Villains Tavern (on Thursday nights, they have the raddest blue grass band, The Hootenanny, and also boast shuffleboards to get your game face on while sipping wildly concocted cocktails).
Wurstkuche, 800 East 3rd Street (at Traction); 213-687-4444.
The Pie Hole, 714 Traction Avenue (at East 4th Place); 213-537-0115.
Villians Tavern, 1356 Palmetto Street (at South Santa Fe Avenue); 213-613-0766.
One Eyed Gypsy, 901 East First Street (at Vignes Street).
The last time I posted restaurants in LA I got a lot of responses saying it was quite helpful. So I thought I would update it for those of you who cant find a new place to go to.
1. Milo and Olive
2. Bäco Mercat
3. The Churchill
10.Mercati di Vetro
11.Night + Market
Don’t know what to get your boo boo this Valentines Day? Look no further! Give your special someone a basket that holds 12 envelopes labeled with each month of the year. Inside each envelope are the details for one pre-planned (or pre-paid) date! Its something you both can enjoy :D
Only a couple more months :D